A Necessary Chapter in Ministry

r
rrk

A Necessary Chapter in Ministry

Post by rrk »

“The wilderness can be such a catalyst for good; we may voluntarily create one for the purpose of recharging our relationship with God.�

I am remembering how many stories in Scripture describe wilderness experiences: Moses going into the desert for 40 years, the people of Israel wandering in the desert for 40 years, Elijah in the desert for 40 days, Jonah under the hot sun, Noah was in a sort of a desert on the Ark for 40 days, Jesus and Paul both had prolonged desert experiences, and John the Baptist's revival ministry was based in the desert. It seems we all need desert times in our lives, however unpleasant they may be. It is an apparent spiritual truth that desert experiences revive, instruct and renew us for new forms of ministry never before imagined.
g
gyujin

Challenges to our Ministry

Post by gyujin »

It is necessary and it is natural for us to go through this wilderness as Jesus went through His ministry journey and His life journey. Anyone who is going through the wilderness is not only ministers but also all of believers on this earth until we all of us arrive to the Heaven, which is our final destination.

We might have experienced a life of shepherd, but also a life of traveler on the wilderness. As a pastor, I am struggling with some lackness of providence. That lackness might be related to my personal weakness, broken relationship, lack of gifts, even difficulty of finance, and weakness of community. So, I am pretty sure of where we are going through right now. It is on the wilderness. In particular, it is directly related to my pastoral concern.
Another perspective might be viewed by a life of traveler, who is walking to destniation, a final ending. Traveler might not stay too long, but sometimes for a while. Anyhow, as we are travelers, we must pass this wilderness until we arrive.
Therefore, I really agree with the topic of this post, "A Necessary Chapter in Ministry."

Return to “Day 1: The Wilderness”