Let go

g
grapeko

Let go

Post by grapeko »

I am a person who needs sleep at least 8 hours a day. With sufficient rest, I become very productive and efficient in ministry work, and vice versa.
As pastor, there is always a challenge to maintain the balance between work and rest. I know many pastors who are too overloaded to the extent of having psychological problem. "In quietness and trust is your strength" (Isi 30:15). Monday is my day off and I reserve the day for my family. When church family invites me to their house on Monday, I will tell them I have another appointment already. I do not tell but the appointment is family time with my wife and daughter.
We cannot bear the burden of leadership without realizing that God is the ultimate Owner of the flock. Leading means letting go. When I face difficulties in my ministry work, I learn to transform frustration into anticipation. I will cast the difficulties into the hands of God by prayer. I will say, "God, I cannot solve this problem and I know this is your part. I will be hands off and do not think about it. Amen". Many times I will see the hands of God in solving the problems. Trusting God brings me relaxation in ministry.

Return to “Day 27: My Sleepless Shepherd”