Multiplication

g
grapeko

Multiplication

Post by grapeko »

I grew up in a church with 150 members. I am now serving in a church with 800+ members. Due to the language difference, I am now responsible for Cantonese speaking Chinese group with 140 members. For the last 3 years, the group keeps growing in 15% every year. Certainly I am glad to see the increase in congregation size. But on the other hand, I can see the challenge.
I like caring people. I believe pastor is responsible to "know well the condition of the flocks" (Pr 27:23). I enjoy the close relationship with people. Right now I enjoy my role in this congregation size. But I can predict, the larger the congregation, the lesser the interaction with individuals. I am not used to change but I know it is time for me to change my role. I have to more focus on strategic planning. Moreover, I also have to pay more attention in leaders rather than individuals.
What a challenge to me. But I always believe God has good plan in my life. A person who stays in comfort zone cannot grow. "Yet not as I will, but as you will" (Mt 26:39)

Return to “Day 35: Think Flock”