Coming to the end . . .

C
Chris2023

Coming to the end . . .

Post by Chris2023 »

After 400 years of slavery in Egypt God le his people to salvation through the Red Sea. In just a short time they forgot him and they returned to their old habits of idolatry and self-sufficiency.
After 30 years of searching, God also led me to salvation through Christ. But in 2012 I relied again on my own merit and efforts and God left me there. It lasted for 3 years as I slumped into a depression. Finally, in 2015 I realized again that God is God, and Chris is not! For the last 8 years I have humbly, slowly, sometimes stubbornly, submitted more and more to his will, his word, slowly remembering why I trusted in him and why I need him daily.
I find myself now again in the wilderness, but this time sustained by manna provided by Him. Occasionally I still try to collect the manna for tomorrow, but of course it rots. I need him daily. The love of the Lord, the love for his children is my calling. I’m praying in this journey in the wilderness that God will lead me out to a new calling and a new direction. Feed my soul oh Lord. Lead me and I will follow.

Return to “Day 1: The Wilderness”