Right Trails

A
Ambassador_of_Hope

Right Trails

Post by Ambassador_of_Hope »

Day 30 Righteous Ruts

“Hey boys, everyone gather around the map” barked Mr Kanen, Brigade Troop Leader. “Look at the terrain. See how the trail winds around the mountain? Today we bushwhack through the woods and learn how to stay on track and be off the trail.” At fourteen years old, I relished the sound of this wonderful new adventure. The trust Mr. Kanen banked in our troop through the years was immense. We would follow him anywhere. Off we bushwhacked walking across a ridge. Half an hour later we were back on the trail, a navigation lesson learned for a lifetime. Tears of gratefulness for that man fill my eyes as I recount the numerous times I’ve used that lesson.

My son Jonathan refers to my morning spot as the assassins chair. A predictable daily posture makes me an easy shot. Daily reflection on Gods word has provided a well-worn trail that is easy for me and others to follow.

Lord, your Kingdom come, your will be done. Help me to walk in the Spirit, and not in the flesh. Give me eyes to see your activity around me, and the strength and courage to join it.

3/9/2022
Dave Dassoulas
dave@hopebuilders.com

Return to “Day 30: Righteous Ruts”