The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Blindside

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 38: Adaptability
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ambassador_of_Hope

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:26 am    Post subject: Blindside Reply with quote

Day 38 Adaptability and Decision Making

Last week I drove shotgun in Tim’s truck as we headed to office. I glanced and read a text I hadn’t seen earlier. “Can you stop by my office first when you come in, before we start the staff meeting?” I phoned and said, “what’s up?” When he insisted we meet in a person, I figured it was something big. It is the season of big. Big turned out to be a letter of resignation. It was the second one in the last week. Interruption of my plans did not start with the Covid-19 pandemic. Obstructions have existed since birth. Holding a leadership position started 42 years ago for me. I remember adapting to my first resignation 42 years ago and looking back later, seeing how God used that for the good of many. I closed ranks, did the job myself long enough to learn much. The eventual replacement became a disciple of Christ as a part of that opportunity. Things like this have happened over and over through the years.

Now I’m absorbing the loss, grateful for a decade of ground traveled together, memories made, and a ton of work accomplished to support a relentless, complicated, and challenging big small business. Next I’ll be thinking of those who remain, those called to live, build, grow at work and all the opportunity that awaits. God uses all things for the good of those who love him, those who are called according to his purpose.

9/12/2022
Dave Dassoulas
dave@hopebuilders.com
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 38: Adaptability
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: