The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Remembering when I fell in love...

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 3: Called to Care
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cliff Fletcher

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: Remembering when I fell in love... Reply with quote

A great challenge and a great question are in today's devotional. The challenge is to reconnect to our original riverbank experience. Often in marriage counseling I ask the hurting couple to tell me about how they met and what made them fall in love with each other. In good moments the couple softens to each other as they tell of the "first time they met" and "how cute he was" or how he "knew right away". In those good moments when couples soften as they remember why they are together, I am filled with hope for their future. On occasion when I ask the same question to another couple, I have watched hardness - refusal by one or both parties to remember. Today the invitation to remember my calling to pastor has been one of those good moments. I was pursuing counseling but fell in love with church family and the potential of church. I encourage couples to remember all the time. Today I'm remembering my marriage to church as pastor.

The great question is how has God shepherded me during each life change, because I have indeed been soggy and on His shoulders? He has been very near. He has been very clear and directive. He has always provided. And in this particularly soggy muddy season He has taken me aside to breathe, dry off and remind me of the calling He has assigned on my life.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 3: Called to Care
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: