The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Caring While Carried

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 3: Called to Care
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ragamuffin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Caring While Carried Reply with quote

The opening story in the book is amazing. While I appreciated the description of Jamie's call, it was the predicament of the ewe that really caught my attention. I could "see" her struggle, I could "feel" the dragging weight of sodden wool, I could resonate with her desperate search for firm footing...

...that ewe is me...right now...

All the great words that followed are vivid and vital. Yet the fact that I am - we are - both sheep and undershepherd must be somewhere near the forefront of our minds. How can we tend without being tended? Feed without feeding? Care without being carried? Straying far from the Great Shepherd will derail any call - no matter how strong and significant. We are the sheep - soggy or not - of His pasture.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 3: Called to Care
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: