The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Is the initial call the start of THE conversation?

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 3: Called to Care
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chanok

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Is the initial call the start of THE conversation? Reply with quote

I'm reminded during this day's reflection of David's continuous crying out to the Lord. ("And David inquired of the Lord" - 1 Samuel 23) His call was not the only time the Lord blessed David with provision. David was frequently blessed by God's direction and favor. He was not always faithful in his dependence, but when David humbled himself and waited on the Lord, he was never put to shame.

Coming out of the wilderness, or rather within the wilderness, our dependence upon God is never to be forgotten. Jesus humbled himself further, if that is possible, when he walked into the wilderness and was sustained only by God's word. This established not a season of dependence, but a life of total dependence upon God.

Oh Lord, you are merciful in bringing me to a life of dependence upon you. May this faith you are building not be uprooted or built over by my pride, my independence. May this faith be nurtured and sustained, grown and strengthened into my identity. May my confidence in myself be destroyed and my confidence in Christ Jesus reign and live in me. Amen.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 3: Called to Care
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: