The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Looking for Greener Grass

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 40: Home
View previous topic :: View next topic  
corinthpastorbob

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:18 am    Post subject: Looking for Greener Grass Reply with quote

I'm reminded as I read Day 40 that my mother has always said if she wrote a book about her life she would title it, "No Continuing City." As missionaries, Mom and Dad never lived in one home more than five years consecutively until they retired. Even then, it took them three moves to settle into a place where they will probably live out their days. There's been a longing to call some place "home" for good. They know, however, that no place will be home until they get home to be with the Lord.

But it strikes me that people who have lived in one place all their lives get a desire to travel as they get older. That's somewhat true of my wife and me. We've lived all our adult lives in either South or North Carolina. We've moved around a good bit within those states, but we have a sense that we'd like to see more of the world.

I guess the grass is always greener on the other side. But there's a sense in which heaven fulfills our longing both for stability and adventure. It's the ultimate "trip" to see and experience what we've never known before. But it's also the ultimate, permanent "home."

Thanks, Tim, for making the journey more enjoyable and more reflective.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 40: Home
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: