The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Day 22 Reflections on Justice

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 22: Justice
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jvaughn1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:15 pm    Post subject: Day 22 Reflections on Justice Reply with quote

Day 22 Reflections on Justice
I appreciated reading this devotional. The biblical text of Matthew 25:33 reminds us that God promised to come and rescue a scattered flock in exile (Ezekiel 34) that had been abused by self-serving shepherds, and personally to shepherd them again. In a surprising mix God also vows to divide them too. The phrase that Ezekiel makes is that God will shepherd the flock with justice. When the son of man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his throne in heavenly glory. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as the shepherd separated the sheep (the ones who have been kind and merciful to the marginalized) from the goats. He will put the sheep on the right and the goats (the ones who have not shown compassion or mercy to others) on the left. I believe that we must continue to become advocates for the poor and marginalized of our society. We must continue to speak up for those that cannot speak up for their selves I agreed we must defend the rights of the poor and needy. The author asked a question, which is very pertinent for our lives today. I provide pastoral care ministry to those that are suffering, those that are marginalized, those that are dealing with careless hospital help, and those that are dealing with insurance disputes over medications. They all require ears and eyes of a shepherd. The author reminds us that Shepherd leaders look for opportunities to enfranchise the disenfranchised. We feel compelled to move from individual need to institutional cause! We build and enforce boundaries that protect those who are less fortunate those who are lean and defenseless. Because Jesus is among them to provide justice to the marginalized.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 22: Justice
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: