The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Day 2 Provision

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 2: PROVISION
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jvaughn1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:26 pm    Post subject: Day 2 Provision Reply with quote

Day 2 What does it take to be a Shepherd?
What does it take to be a shepherd? The answer is responsibility, leadership, accountability, trustworthiness, risk taker, vulnerability, humility, resilience, transparency, lovable, being able to show and give love, and having a non-threatening presence and many more characteristics.
We have read the biblical account of many shepherds in the Bible. Wow! I wonder what it really is like in the 21st century to really be a true shepherd. What would it take to be a shepherd? What is it like to have a shepherd’s heart like David, like Moses, and most of all like Jesus? Many of these questions that we all must answer if we intend to be a good shepherd.
When I think of the word shepherd, what comes to my mind is the word provision. I am grateful for how God has provided me and others with his provision. Shepherding enables us the ability to watch over people, and provide genuine presence, and humility. I am grateful for God's provision for such a time as this.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 2: PROVISION
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: