The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Culture

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 33: Productivity
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ambassador_of_Hope

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 3:59 pm    Post subject: Culture Reply with quote

Day 33 Productivity

I ran backwards to the rear of the court, watching the back line. As the tennis ball bounced inside of the back line, it was obvious I was out of position and unprepared to make a return hit. Once again, I had taken my I off the ball, forgetting to rely on my partner to watch if the ball was in bounds. The distraction led to a loss of the point.

A week later, lunch time brought us together on the last day of the contractor summit we were attending. A round table for nine, was filled with four staff members and three acquaintances in addition to myself. Our guest asked: please share your company purpose, vision, mission and values. When I heard the answers, I thought; “Covid has been a huge distraction from leadership promoting and reinforcing who and why we are.” For the most part, staff have executed well through the pandemic and are living out our mission and values. This is grace, not only not getting what we deserve, but flourishing instead. The Lord is good, kind and patient.

As I reflected on the implications, I concluded that the Hope Builders culture is not pervasive if staff are unable to recall and express it. In fact, it is just a matter of time before the train comes off the rails. Leaders will be found scratching their heads and asking: How did we get here? Satan is the father of lies. A master of deception. He is good at getting us to take our eyes off the ball. In our families, at work and in the church. Non productive productivity will be the answer. Now is the time to promote and reinforce who we are, why we are, what we do, and how we do what we do, the ball. In closing, I find Dr. Laniaks challenge inspirational. God has a purpose for blessing us. Yes he cares about our health and well-being, but ultimately his purpose is to bless others through us. Keep your eye on the ball.

5/18/2022
Dave Dassoulas
dave@hopebuilders.com
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 33: Productivity
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: