The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Being Restored in Christ

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 12: Satisfaction and Restoration
View previous topic :: View next topic  
romans58

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:36 pm    Post subject: Being Restored in Christ Reply with quote

At first I found it interesting that satisfaction and rest or restoration are being addressed here in a single devotion, instead of as two separate topics for reflection. However, in reading through this reflection I really came to appreciate the interaction between being satisfied and restored. For example I really like how the irony of sheep finding rest and satisfaction in such harsh living conditions is presented. This served as a great reminder to me that true satisfaction should not be dependent on my own circumstances as it comes from being restored in Christ. The pastoral implication of this is that I have a responsibility to help those that I shepherd find satisfaction first in the Lord, so then it is not dependent on my circumstances.

I also valued how Jesus is shown leading his disciples into places of rest, in order to be restored. He is also invites them to cast their burdens on him to find a lighter load. So here rest is seen as returning to Christ in order to be restored and replenished. Now I can think of nothing more satisfying than being restored by Christ himself, the good shepherd.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 12: Satisfaction and Restoration
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: