The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

The Good Shepherd calls the name

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> Shepherds After My Own Heart -> Open Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bsantosa

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: The Good Shepherd calls the name Reply with quote

The Good Shepherd calls the sheep by their names. It means that a good shepherd knows his sheep individually and personally. I believe that every human being is unique and valuable before God. So that is why, every body will be happy if we call his/her name personally and individually. When you call a person by name, that means that you care something for that person. And nothing less than this is a true reflection of the way God looks at people. To remember the name of someone is not easy, especially for a shepherd who serves many sheep. Moreover, as human beings, we can often be forgetful. We could not remember the names of our people, and we may know its implication. In the depth of our hearts, we are more interested in the programs which we are trying to get people involved than the people. Thus, our relationship with them is not really a pastoral one. God as the Good Shepherd sees a person as unique and precious in His sight. God knows each person personally. I really learn from Him to become a good pastor.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> Shepherds After My Own Heart -> Open Forum
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: