The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

A shepherd in every condition

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> Shepherds After My Own Heart -> Open Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bsantosa

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: A shepherd in every condition Reply with quote

Laniak says “Every shepherd leader is first and always a sheep who relates to God as 'my shepherd.' ” David understands this clearly in Psalm 23. David states “The Lord is my shepherd.” For David, there is no dichotomy to follow the Shepherd’s way. On one hand, God is our good shepherd when we are in the green pastures and in the lake which has a quite water. On the other hand, God does not become a bad shepherd when we are in the valley of the shadow of death and face any dangerous things in our lives. The fact is that the presence of God is always the same. God will bless us, either when we are in the green pastures or when we are in the wilderness. Due to that reason, God is the only Shepherd whom we need in our lives. In fact God is always present in the light or in the darkness of our lives. He is a Shepherd in all of our lives situations. God is more than enough in our lives. He is our Shepherd, no matter what our circumstances are.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> Shepherds After My Own Heart -> Open Forum
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: