The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Milk and Honey

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> Shepherds After My Own Heart -> Open Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chaps13

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Milk and Honey Reply with quote

The explanation of "milk and honey" (p. 42) was quite interesting to me. I remember hearing this phrase as a child in Sunday school, singing about it and even reading it in the Scriptures. But, I never really understood what it meant. I did know that it was somehow a reference to the Promised Land, but I never took the time to find out what it meant. To learn that it is a reference to the hilly countryside of Israel made sense to me. But more than that, it learn that it is a reference to "the milk of the flocks and the produce of the uncultivated fields" opened my understanding of what this might of meant years ago. This would truly have been a blessing from the Lord for the people - an increase of flocks and produce from land that has not been farmed. It is a blessing, not because of something that the people did or worked for, but because of the faithfulness, goodness and steadfast love of the Lord for his people. It makes me wonder if the people of that day, over time, appreciated the goodness of what the Lord provided. And then it causes me to realize that I tend to take the blessings of the Lord for granted. I want to appreciate the "milk and honey" blessings that the Lord provides simply because of his love.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> Shepherds After My Own Heart -> Open Forum
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: