The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Shepherding as a Paradigm for the Eschaton

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> Shepherds After My Own Heart -> Open Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JRogersCooper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Shepherding as a Paradigm for the Eschaton Reply with quote

“Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour when the Son of man comes.” --Matthew 25:13

The totality of prophetic literature in the Old Testament points in some way to a future where God is realized, recognized and/or revered for who God is. As such, prophetic literature takes on an eschatological quality. This causes me to wonder about the connection of shepherding motifs that are found in prophetic books that speak to the Shepherd’s ushering in the End Times even as the Shepherd leads, loves, cares for and protects His sheep. What is the nature of the under-shepherd’s participation in and guiding the Eschaton?
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> Shepherds After My Own Heart -> Open Forum
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: