The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

My calling

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 3: Called to Care
View previous topic :: View next topic  
youngock

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: My calling Reply with quote

I was always a churchgoer when I was young but was not a truly faithful Christian. This all changed one night, the night before Thanksgiving. My family was in the States and I was working in Korea by myself. One of my friends invited me for dinner. Right after I started the meal, I felt very dizzy and collapsed. I regained consciousness on the way to hospital and I asked them to take me to a prayer house instead of the hospital. It was not I who asked that, but something greater than me beyond my will. Still, I was transported to the hospital and checked by ER doctors. I was recommended to stay in the hospital but had a strong desire to pray. My friend took me to a prayer house, taking a three-hour trip to the mountains. Prayer houses in Korea are like a retreat center where people gather to pray loudly together. I fasted for seven days. On the last day of fasting, I could not help but cry. Tears came bursting through my eyes and nose. I sang hymnals for two hours crying and praying. When I walked to my room, I felt different, light as a feather and clean as snow. Ever since that moment, I no longer suffer from the fear. I still have it but it is does not take over me any more. I can manage it with my faith. It was the moment I realized my calling to care. As soon as I returned to my home, I responded to what God guided me through. I enrolled at a seminary school and started my journey to follow God and guide those who have fear as I was.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 3: Called to Care
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: