The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

The Staff

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 13: The Staff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rortiz

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: The Staff Reply with quote

This chapter was especially meaningful to me. The staff becomes like extension of the shepherd’s arms. The staff is a basic shepherd’s tool that facilitates the shepherd task and accomplishment of the mission. Without the staff, the shepherd’s effectiveness is greatly reduced, and many tasks would become nearly impossible to achieve.

To me it was precious to see by first time the logical connection between the shepherd’s staff, and the staff in an organization. The “helpers” or staff helps the leader to reach the goal and achieve the mission. No leader can exist without staff. The most valuable asset in an organization is the human element, its people. The leaders need empowered helpers, or “staff” in order “to be in touch” and facilitate the accomplishment of the mission. As a leader, the shepherd needs to delegate functions, and entrust the staff with the necessary authority to accomplish the functions. In this context, I think Dr. Laniak’s motto is essential: “Trust and verify.” As a pastor, “my staff” enables me to do ministry and “stay in touch.”
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 13: The Staff
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: