The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Being There

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 39: Being There
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JWDIII

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:14 pm    Post subject: Being There Reply with quote

I have only been in ordained ministry for four years, however, I continue to learn the importance of the concept of being there, or being present. I have visited countless ill and dying people, and I know that many times words cannot express what is happening, or should not even be said. Whether the call is to visit someone in the hospital, or to visit a grieving family at 3:00 A.M. After the loss of their loved one, the people involved are seeking the presence of the minister, who represents and speaks on God’s behalf to them. Showing up and being present when you say you will means more than a sermon on Sunday morning.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 39: Being There
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: