The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Wilderness as a place of refinement?

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 1: The Wilderness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BenNorthcutt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Wilderness as a place of refinement? Reply with quote

The way Laniak describes it...it sounds like the wilderness was an unimaginably harsh place...and yet Jesus sought out the wilderness as a place to get away from people and pray. The wilderness also took guys like Moses and David and prepared them for what God needed/wanted them to be in order to do what He had ordained for them to do...

What I'm going through right now--feeling like I don't have professional direction, like I don't have a place that I "belong"--I'm trying to run from it and get out of it as fast as I can. Maybe that's not what God means for this to be. Maybe God wants this to be a time that matures and purifies me...that helps to refine me...that help to make me into the man/pastor/disciple that God wants me to be.

During the next forty days, I will meditate on these "Reflections on Biblical Leadership." I will spend each day thinking and praying about what God has to tell me. If contacted by a church that I have already connected with, I will not ignore them...but I will not pursue new opportunities...I will not check ChurchStaffing.com, SBCJobs.net, or any other job placement sites until the completion of this forty days...

And when the impatience and worry inside of me SCREAMS to force my hand, I will recognize my lack of belief in the greatness of God and I will affirm that He is in control of all things...not the least of which being my career path.

"God help me to rest in you over these next forty days...to trust in you...and to run to you for satisfaction and hope."
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 1: The Wilderness
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: