The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Control Freak

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 27: My Sleepless Shepherd
View previous topic :: View next topic  
llynch

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:05 am    Post subject: Control Freak Reply with quote

He who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep (Ps 121:4)
Some of us have more trouble "letting go" than others. I'm not sure why I am one of those who has more trouble. I had a very loving childhood and all the "good stuff" one needs for success. I am a firstborn. That doesn't help. Has anyone ever called you a "control freak"?
Obviously human relationships are a picture of the heavenly one. Do we trust the Father? Can we REST and not be filled with anxiety over what we can't control?
Come to me all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. (Mt 11: 28-30)
By God's grace I am becoming more sanctified and less controlling. In fact the other day my husband actually said, "I'm not sure I like this new Laura who is so flexible!" As I walk with Jesus, surrounded by the support of husband, family, accountablility partners, my small group and the broader church I look forward to growing more in trust of "My Sleepless Shepherd."
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 27: My Sleepless Shepherd
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: