The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

The Recruiter

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 26: Guard Yourselves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
llynch

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:35 am    Post subject: The Recruiter Reply with quote

ˆBe on guard for yourselves and for all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood. I know that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock; and from among your own selves men will arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after them. Therefore be on the alert.ˆAc 20:28-31 (NASB)
I once heard a best-selling author and professor speak at a church. He delights in explaining to his university students all the contradictions of the gospels (It's right there in plain view for those with eyes to see). And ipso facto the gospels can't be historically accurate in any normal understanding of the word. This man once studied at Moody and Wheaton and considered himself an evangelical. What happened? One of the most troubling aspects of Christian faith is seeing an example like this. Well, I'm not going to explain it because I truly believe it is a "holy mystery"! However, I am going to comment on my own my life:
I enjoy the next new thing. I am an enthusiastic person and everything I like I want other people to like! This can be dangerous. When my dear friend and the pastor of my church were meeting for coffee (during a troubled time in our church) he commented that I am "a recruiter" and that I needed to be wise as to what I recruit people to....those words have stuck with me and have shaped me to this day.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 26: Guard Yourselves
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: