The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Adapt and Overcome

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 38: Adaptability
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smielke

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Adapt and Overcome Reply with quote

This is the term I heard on a daily basis during my time in the U.S. Army because nothing on a mission ever seemed to go as planned. The same can be said for life in general. There have been so many times which I have though I have had a great plan for something whether it be career or family and I found out that God did not think it was as good of a plan as I did. While learning to adapt to our situation is important, it is equally important to be obedient to God while adapting. God has put that obstacle or unforeseen circumstance in your path for a reason and far too many times we focus on the small stuff rather than the big picture. When my three-year old son was diagnosed with brain cancer, that was definitely something which wasn't in OUR plan for our family. God used this circumstance to change our family and transform our hearts toward Him in a way which we never imagined. We see other families of cancer kids who are bitter and angry and are unwilling to see God's hand in everything. These people seem to be just trying to adapt to their plan and not God's plan. While we are called to adapt, I am uncertain about the overcome part of my earlier reference. I believe Jesus took care of the overcome part on the Cross and His Resurrection as he overcame sin and death on our behalf. We must never lose sight of what we are adapting to: our plan or God's plan. My son is now three years cancer-free after we were told he had two months to live. Oh the glory of God's plan!!
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 38: Adaptability
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: