The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Am I Sleeping?

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 16: While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matthew Blanchard

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:51 am    Post subject: Am I Sleeping? Reply with quote

"Behold, he who keeps Israel will neither slumber nor sleep" Ps.121:4 (ESV) -- During my reflection I was led to this verse. Dr. Laniak writes that leading means watching. It makes me consider the disciples who fell asleep as Jesus prayed in the garden. Over the last few weeks, I have been falling asleep during my silent time. I'm weak and I wonder if Jesus is saying to me "could you not watch with me one hour?"
How often has God protected my family and I from harm overnight while we sleep? We say our prayers, sometimes haphazardly, ask for His protection and then take for granted waking up the next morning without incident. What did He protect us from - a fire, a thief, a severe storm..? Everynight I leave a light on in the house as we sleep, due to fear, insecurity, and lack of faith. I wonder if I truly believed He did not slumber nor sleep, if I would leave lights on at night?
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 16: While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: