The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

wearing many hats

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Open Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barry Kimbrough

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:37 am    Post subject: wearing many hats Reply with quote

It has been a learning experience for me acquiring the wide variety of skills needed for pastoral ministry, and I haven't graduated yet. Starting out I dreamed of Bible study, prayer, preaching and revivals. But the years have taught me that churches are more than worship centers. They are financial institutions requiring adminstration; buildings requiring upkeep; and volunteer organizations requiring leadership, management and conflict resolutions.

When I think of my limited abilities, I can feel overwhelmed by it all. Fortunately, I don't have to be an expert in everything; but I do have to try to cover the bases. A few of my growth areas have been learning to keep within budget on projects, making decisions and steering a course, and being sensitive to people in grief.

Dr. Laniak's book has reminded me that ministry includes many different tasks, and that by God's grace we can learn them all.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Open Forum
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: