The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

I Remember

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 2: PROVISION
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jcross

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: I Remember Reply with quote

We have found that many people coming back to Sri Lanka after higher studies are not prepared for the frustration of being servants of a struggling people. They come looking for the best package. They are not ready to die. Ajith Fernando

I really do not know what it means to care for, live for, sacrifice for, die for someone/thing until I have experienced it and been taught. I am to have that kind of heart, but in myself, the concept is absent. It only becomes clear as I see it modelled. It compels me only as I receive that care and it impacts my life. This is what I have in the Son of God who cared, lived, sacrificed, died and rose. In all of this my feet have been washed. I only partially understand what He's done, but I do know that I too am to take up the towel. Do I have the heart for the sheep? Do I see them as precious ones? Am I willing to care for their needs above my own?

I have been served. I remember times of God's generous provision and undeserved blessing. I remember how it felt to be embraced in His love and now, I stare at the towel in my hand. Remembering the fragrance of provision compels me to serve with the heart of Jesus. "Lord, not my feet only but also my hands and my head!" Jn 13:9
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 2: PROVISION
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: