The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Am I lost at home?

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Open Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjyi412

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Am I lost at home? Reply with quote

‘Mission for church.’ ‘Church for mission.’ In 21st century, it seems never happened that churches are focusing on mission for all nations in our church history. Mission is the foundation of Christianity. “And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.” (Matthew 16:18) God wants to save all of lost ones through churches.

I wondered how Ahmed responded with characteristic confidence: “Since 1984 I have never lost a sheep or goat that I didn’t find again-dead or alive.” Ahmed said “Although he had thousands of animals, he felt shamed as a shepherd that he could not account for one that was lost.” Is it possible? We need passion of searching and finding lost one.

According to survey, immigrant church members quite an often move to other churches with an average of seven or eight times in a whole life. Why they move continuously to another church? It is mostly pasturing failed. Shepherds don’t care each one of flocks. Good shepherd knows each single name of his flocks even thousands animals like Ahmed.

People are hungry for being cared by others because many sheep face many problems. Rather than loving others, first of all, they want to be loved. They need caring. They are thirsty for being loved. Especially many immigrant sheep are broken heart, family problems and generation conflict, hard working to survive. They need more caring.

As Mrs. Aref knew the animals quite intimately and was greatly affected by their needs, Pastor including me need to know flock closely. We, pastors, are care giver. She never gives up for lost sheep.
Then Jesus told them this parable: "Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it?” (Luke 15:3~4) Our purpose in life is to please God. God’s most pleasure from us is to do for saving lost one.

The great commission talks about saving lost one. “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." (Matthew 28:19~20)

I had opportunity to rethink about the first son from parable of the Prodigal Son. He never left home, but never shared with Father’s heart as mentioned. He was lost at home. Even though I am always in comfort zone at home, I need to test myself to see if I am in the faith; examine myself as mentioned in 2 Corinthians 13:5.
Am I lost at home?
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Open Forum
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: