The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Questions

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 17: Recognizing the Wolves
View previous topic :: View next topic  
corinthpastorbob

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:57 am    Post subject: Questions Reply with quote

I read this chapter with some unresolved questions in my mind. One is that as a pastor I have my own flaws and blind spots. So do we all. I wonder how often when we are seeking out and dealing with those we consider wolves, it’s really our own sense of inadequacy and insufficiency that is on display. Maybe we are threatened by other strong leaders in the body. It is at least a possibility to which we need to be open, on which we need to reflect, and about which we need to pray.

Second, the distinction between a literal sheep and wolf is easier to discern than the distinction between people they symbolize. In our world of shepherding, one person can be part sheep, part shepherd, and part wolf - or can morph from one to the other. How do we find and maintain the balance between the extremes of naïveté and suspicion?
Margaret

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Good point Reply with quote

What a good point. It reminds me that even Peter was called 'Satan' when he mistepped his bounds with the Lord. I do think we are all capable of morphing at one time or another. Obviously we play the part of shepherd and sheep - we may step out of bounds and become as a wolf, also, if we are not careful.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 17: Recognizing the Wolves
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: