The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Sit on the ground with him

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 25: Darkness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grapeko

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject: Sit on the ground with him Reply with quote

How do I respond to others who feel destabilized in a dark spiritual wilderness? I sit on the ground with him (Job 2:13)
In ministry experience, there are so many sufferings and troubles I cannot explain. Last month one church sister attemptedc suicide at home because of psychological depression. I had no answer for the tragedy but stayed with this family in the time of sorrow. Sometimes sympathy is more appropriate than an answer.
The Lord reproached the friends of Job and said, "Who is this that obscures my counsel without knowledge?" (Job 42:3). The word of God reminds me in time of tragedy, sometimes "sitting together with victim" is wiser than "giving an answer".
Long time ago one church friend complained God for what had happened in his life. He did not understand the reason for His absence. During the time I had no answer for his complains, I just listened to him and finally we prayed together. Many years later, this brother told me he did not remember the trouble he had faced but my presence and prayer. He only remembered when he was in the valley of tears, I was with him.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 25: Darkness
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: