The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

A Must Read for Leaders

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Open Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peterlim23

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 7:19 am    Post subject: A Must Read for Leaders Reply with quote

I know that this is the first of the posts but it is actually my final entry. Call it my concluding thoughts.

As I alluded to in a previous entry, this online community has been like my confession sessions. I am so humbled by the way real shepherds lead their flock. Reading this book has given me a new window, a whole new understanding of the shepherd/sheep motif that is laced throughout Scripture.

It is funny how my bookshelves are littered with leadership books. Most however are from the corporate world or from Christian leaders who have adopted corporate principles. The sad truth is God in Scripture has laid forth crystal clear leadership truths and principles, much of which is found in understanding how shepherds lead.

I personally use to simply define leadership as influence. However, after reading this book and reflecting, I have redefined leadership as being shepherds. It is a profound shift and I pray that it will be manifested in my personal leadership and in the leadership of my team.

Speaking of team, I will be getting this book for my staff and lay leaders and we will spend 40-days going through this book together. My prayer is that at the end of the 40-days God will refresh our souls by leading us to green pastures and equally inspire us to lead as shepherds.

Thank you Dr. Laniak...what an incredible journey!
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Open Forum
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: