The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Seeking God for God

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 6: Greener Pastures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
corinthpastorbob

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:26 am    Post subject: Seeking God for God Reply with quote

It is not surprising to me that in a culture obsessed with self-fulfillment, we should develop a theology that says God is "all about me" as well. Part of our struggle and doubt in times of unanswered prayer (one particular kind of wilderness) is that we had assumed (often without articulating it) that God's provision in the past was due to our worthiness or to his being as obsessed with our happiness as we are. It's not a new phenomenon, by any means, but it is embedded deep with our cultural theology. What a great reminder this chapter is to worship, serve, trust, and love God for who he is, not for the pastures to which he leads us.
Ragamuffin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:03 am    Post subject: Amen! Reply with quote

This is such convicting chapter. It captures so much of the journey God calls us to as the sheep of His pasture: following Him on a journey, reliance on His wisdom and love, longing for our final home with Him.

But as an undershepherd I am also expected to model these very traits. Do the sheep under my care have this same experience? Am I leading them to "the LORD, their true pasture" in every way?

The picture of God as my true pasture has illuminated Jesus' invitation to abide in Him and I worship!
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 6: Greener Pastures
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: