The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

I am my first church member.

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 4: Streams in the Desert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gcts/sjegede

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: I am my first church member. Reply with quote

This reflection about quenching my own thirst first in order to be a stream to others really touched me. At times, I feel guilty about taking time out of the day to care for myself. I used to think I am neglecting those I am called to minister to. Now, I look at it as me being my first church member. I deserve care just like everyone else and in fact require care in order to care for others.
gcts\mmccrum

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: I'm Thirsty, Too! Reply with quote

Shawn, I understand your pain. I'm going through a season where I am longing to be fed and led, myself. I'm thirsty and hungry. My cup is empty. There are times I wish I could be a sheep and be free of all the responsibilities of a shepherd...Thank God he is using the DMin coursework and the encouragement from my cohorts (like you) to be an oasis in the desert times!...Enjoy being a "member!"
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 4: Streams in the Desert
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: