The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

I going home but still a long way off

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 40: Home
View previous topic :: View next topic  
casetech

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject: I going home but still a long way off Reply with quote

"I am going home but I am still a long way off", is a song lyric from a Cadmen's Call song. I feel the tension of leading the sheep to home, but wanting to go home myself. When we begin to see the end we often quicken our pace, we long for home so greatly. Sometimes we may push ourselves or even push the flock as we get within sight of home. We need to remember the sweetness of home is increased by the difficulty and length of the journey. I am going home and look forward to "the goodness and mercy of the Lord following me all the days of my life" (Psalm 23:6). God give me strength to lead when I get close to home, strength to remain focused on the journey as my eyes glimpse home. Not to quicken the pace but to stay consistent and steady as home comes into sight.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 40: Home
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: