The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Knowing and Caring

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 14: Named and Known
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GCTSnormyeater

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:15 am    Post subject: Knowing and Caring Reply with quote

While the phrase is personally undocumented, a ministry friend of mine advised, "People don't care how much you know, until they know how much you care." Relationships with God's people are based upon community, but they find value in deep fellowship.

Knowlege of another's life is founded upon mutual trust. When someone arrives at my office door seeking counsel, I must listen more than speak. For the elder who wants to make peace with past failures, the teen who seeks advice on friendships that have been betrayed, the grieving father who struggles with closure, a listening ear/heart senses both thought and emotion while one pours out his heart.

The listening gives way to understanding, and understanding can lead to knowing. Knowledge then begins the process of caring intimately.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 14: Named and Known
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: