The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Being a hospitable shepherd

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 6: Greener Pastures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Margaret

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Being a hospitable shepherd Reply with quote

As a mother, daughter, wife I am encouraged and challenged by the idea of providing "greener pastures" and a safe non intimidating place for those who are under my charge and who look to me for provision. Am I providing a safe place for my family? Do I take the time to address each individual's needs without giving the impression that I have other more important things to do? "Leadership as thoughtful hospitality" gives me the image of someone in whose presence I am at ease and who gives me full non threatening attention. As a 'shepherdess' of my family I want to be that kind of provider. As a leader I must be available and able to provide such a 'place.' Do those under my charge feel safe and know they can 'rest' in their relationship and interactions with me? I will reflect on the concept of "thoughtful hospitality" some more and make it a permanent part of my 'leadership.'
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 6: Greener Pastures
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: