The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

The art of watching

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 16: While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tdudley

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: The art of watching Reply with quote

I appreciate and marvel at the shepherd's ability to see what's not always visible and how that is so important when choosing new pastures. That helps defind for me a great skill set for the local pastor. To be able to sense what is going on within a congregation (or where we might serve) is not only developing our "skills" as a shepherd, but to also develop the "art" of shepherding. The skills are learned by observaton, study, actually doing ministry and gaining experience. The other part, the "art" I believe is developed through prayer and sensitivity to people through years of attentive loving.I believe this aspect of the the art of pastoral care or shepherding, is doing the work of the Holy Spirit as directed. Knowing what the Spirit of God "sounds like" and responding. It is hard work at times. People can be just like sheep and they can be very trying. That is why those shepherds who watch their focks succesfully are called by God and can not do anything but tend to their flocks. Just as Amir is passonate for his flock, so the local shepherd should be for their flock.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 16: While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: