The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Its about Paradox.

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 1: The Wilderness
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chip

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Its about Paradox. Reply with quote

As mentioned in the chapter, one can "wander in lost confusion." Also, "In the wilderness we can lose our bearings." Yet, the wilderness can be a "catalyst for good." The wilderness represents the best that God has and the worst that God can do. The wilderness represents God's love but also a road of painful deliberation within the human mind and spirit.

C.S. Lewis once said of his wife's death , "Its as if God had slammed the door from the inside and double locked it." What I discovered is that your life and calling can seem so nsync with God's at times. The very next minute it all gets turned upside down and you feel forgotten and isolated from God. Isolation has a way of cutting off all self-pride and dependency on yourself.

The wilderness represents God alone. In the wilderness God is all you have....good or bad. Paradoxically, the dove decending on Christ in one moment and then into the desert the very next to face temptation serves as an example of how fast God can act in what seems to be an act moving in opposite directions set to achieve opposite outcomes. The wilderness is the classroom of discovery that examines the human heart. I have always asked the question of "why" am I here? Now I try to ask "what" can I learn from the desert experience. Painful as it is....I feel I am closing in on reaching the other side after years of wandering.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 1: The Wilderness
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: