The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Protection!

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 15: PROTECTION
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill H

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Protection! Reply with quote

Intriguing insight on the life of sheep.” Their eyesight is limited to between ten and fifteen yards.” I had understood from my limited knowledge of sheep that they were dumb and vulnerable. I had no idea that they suffered from poor eyesight they suffer from near sightedness! This challenges me that the best protection strategy is to stay close to the Good Shepherd! Myopic sheep need to rely on the shepherd to lead and guide them.
Tim Laniak also speaks of the passive submission of sheep to human leadership even in branding and shearing and slaughter. Passivity and passive submission are perceived as inherent weaknesses; in relation to Jesus, I am called to submit to him.
The other side of this reflection on sheep and shepherding is that sheep are very vulnerable. Shepherding requires protection, guardianship and courage.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 15: PROTECTION
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: