The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

feed your own forgotten soul

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 7: Feed My Sheep
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill H

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: feed your own forgotten soul Reply with quote

Feed My Sheep!
It is usually good etiquette to serve others at the table before piling nourishment onto your own plate.However,when it comes to kingdom etiquette this table courtesy is turned upside down.

Love for Jesus the Great Shepherd of the sheep is tangibly expressed in caring for the flock of God in a specific way. Jesus pressed Peter: “Do you love me?” the evidence of this would be obedience to the command of Jesus,” Feed my sheep.” Tim Laniak says,” Leading means feeding.” If I am going to feed and nourish the sheep entrusted to my oversight and care …it must come as an overflow of nourishing my own soul.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 7: Feed My Sheep
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: