The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Spiritual disciplines

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 30: Righteous Ruts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Spiritual disciplines Reply with quote

“I’m left wondering about what righteous tracks or habits of the heart…” This would be a great place to bring up spiritual disciplines and spiritual direction, I think. Are we actively engaging in the historically reliable means of transformation or are we just coasting? Dallas Willard, Eugene Peterson, Richard Foster, Henri Nouwen have been huge influences for me personally here. Again, my experience is that while many pastors know they need to be cultivating healthy heart habits, in the franticness of leading one event after another they often neglect these habits. But such habits are crucial as they are “training for reigning.” This is such a common ministry pitfall though, getting so caught up in dealing with everyone else’s crises that we neglect our own spiritual growth.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 30: Righteous Ruts
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: