The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

The Shepherd Healer

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 8: The Shepherd Healer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ken Schemmer

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: The Shepherd Healer Reply with quote

This chapter is where my heart is as an under shepherd. God is the Great Shepherd and we are his people who help watch the sheep. We are looking for things that take them away from their relationship from the Shepherd, like the “seven deadly sins.” We need to help them see that God can help their broken hearts and heal their pain. Just like Jesus did in his care for the sheep, we need to help them see the forgiveness of the Father and let them to sin no more, as Jesus did with the women who was caught in adultery. We also need to train the congregation to care for the needs of others. Through Stephen Ministry we can help equip them to be ready to care for the people who are in crisis. They can do the work of a shepherd and lead them to Jesus, the Caregiver.
gyujin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:10 am    Post subject: The Heartful Doctor Reply with quote

I remember that when I was young in my early years, my mom brought me to a hospital to seee a doctor for my illness. I was sick, but after I took a medicine and injection by a nurse. My illness was gone. At that time, I realized that without a doctor, my illness might be forever. Just like a doctor, God is the true Doctor who heals our spirit, and even cures our illness with the power of God.

Why does He heal us? It is becaue He loves us, and He wants to be with us in His kingdom. We know that there are many doctors who can heal our physical illness, but there is only God who can save us for our eternal life. Jesus Christ tried to heal the deaf, the blind, the poor, and even the death because He loved them to be given a new life. So, Jesus Christ is truly the Doctor who love and save ue forever.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 8: The Shepherd Healer
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: