The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

How effective is our staff

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 13: The Staff
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pdavelee

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject: How effective is our staff Reply with quote

When I hear the word "staff" I immediately think of it in the sense of the employees of the church. Our church currently has a staff of 9, and this devotion made me wonder if our staff plays a similar function as the shepherd's staff: "providing gentle assistance, direction, and encouragement at critical moments."

It would be a great loss for me to think of our staff strictly as employees with job descriptions and titles - the employees of the organization that we work for. I need to be more ministry-minded and see our staff as true partners in the hands-on work of shepherding the flock. I need to shed the human resources mentality that constantly creeps into my thinking.

I feel prompted to do some further meditation on what our staff meetings look like and what those meetings reveal about our priorities and values as a church.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 13: The Staff
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: