The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Amazing Grace

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 22: Justice
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cliff Fletcher

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Amazing Grace Reply with quote

I loved the movie Amazing Grace. I went home that night after watching it and I couldn't go to bed. I stayed up for hours praying. I cried in repentance for how little I have felt [or done] for the marginalized, oppressed, hurting and disenfranchised. After the very real cry of repentance for myself (and the awareness of the forgiveness God promises). I was compelled to pray for these same people. Repentance lead to compassion that particular night. Compassion then lead to restlessness: where do I start? How? When? When I live the answers to these questions that is what the Bible calls justice.

My church family has given me the gift of a sabbatical this year. As I prayed through what God would have for me, I have decided to spend time with some inner street ministries. Not teaching, not preaching, or facilitating meetings, but stacking boxes, cleaning, feeding the soup line, visiting, and playing cards. I was open to doing or going wherever God would have me but His plans seemed to be this. I believe this is directly related to my prayer for justice.
jcross

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:56 am    Post subject: Sabbatical Reply with quote

Cliff, that's quite a word from the Lord as you see community among the poor and needy. May God refresh you as you refresh others.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 22: Justice
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: