The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

The Simple Call

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 3: Called to Care
View previous topic :: View next topic  
revalanc

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: The Simple Call Reply with quote

I remember the fear and inadequacy I felt when I realized I was training to become a pastor. It was overwhelming for a while. Then I remember hearing in my spirit, "You don't have to do it alone, I am with you." How I have needed those words from time to time.

Now, as I face my 23rd year of ministry, I find myself longing for the simplicity of ministry.

I am excited for my place of ministry, but each day I find myself busily performing the tasks of busy church: meetings, staff issues, counseling, writing sermons, producing power points, conducting building campaigns, identifying and mentoring leaders. And today I am lost, longing for simplicity.

Probably it is just the romantic memories of rural ministry, but sometimes I do long for a little simplicity.

In those moments I recall my call and the goals I developed for my ministry and I am encouraged. I guess you could say I go back to basics.

Anyone else long for simplicity? What does it mean to you and how do you accomplish it?

Alan
[Php 2:13 NLT]
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 3: Called to Care
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: