The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Barking Dog

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 21: Dogs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pjoshuakim

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:12 am    Post subject: Barking Dog Reply with quote

I find it interesting that Martin Luther King Jr was referred to as a barking dog that made too much noise and too much sense! It is a fitting reflection thinking back to his famous, Letter from Birmingham Jail. This letter bothers the conscious of often the moderates who would rather stay on the sideline. I love what the King says when he says injustice somewhere is injustice everywhere. As Laniak refers to the sheepdog’s main responsibility is to keep the flock together, I wonder if the King’s work was vital in keeping Christians in the US together.

And just as the dogs weren’t always that popular with the flock, the prophetic voice of the one who declared, “I have a dream” also was not popular with the wolves and lions that wanted to keep America’s sin of racism at its heart.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 21: Dogs
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: