The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Feed on the Word

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 7: Feed My Sheep
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dhuffman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:55 pm    Post subject: Feed on the Word Reply with quote

As a pastor, I have gotten fairly discouraged at all the to-do lists that pile up. I remember not too long ago I spoke to my wife in exasperation telling her, “I wanted to be a pastor of people, not a administrator of programs, or a ceo of a business.” While there is some understandable reasons to do both those things, there is some truth to feeling frustrated at drifting from a glorious priority of feeding the sheep.

I love how Laniak suggests that a good shepherd feeds all the time, and a good shepherd feeds properly. That takes foresight and planning. It’s important for a shepherd to know what kind of vegetation is harmful for the sheep. I have found that the “sheep” in my context are in grave risk of an improper diet simply because of the accessibility of so called spiritual instructors on the internet. I must become more diligent in not only warning them from improper diet, but also guiding them to proper fields to graze. Specifically, to the word of God. Laniak clearly tells us that God’s people were ultimately sustained by the word of God.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 7: Feed My Sheep
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: