The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Leading and Reading Is Feeding

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 7: Feed My Sheep
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SJMBC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:54 pm    Post subject: Leading and Reading Is Feeding Reply with quote

Just last night, I asked my wife how she was feeling about Netflix. This is, of course, a strange question coming out of the blue. In reality, I was trying to gin up the courage to say what I was feeling convicted about, which is that we have lately been turning to television and the Internet to seek out amusement and distraction. We have not been tuning into a specific event for a specific purpose, such as a sporting event or a show we know we wanted to watch. We have been tuning into one of a handful of streaming services in an attempt to locate something that would entertain us for a short time. Even while doing so, we often have electronic devices in our hands. I wonder what all of this is doing to our brains and what it is turning me into as a pastor. How am I really equipping myself to lead my flock? I am now in my third and final residency for my doctorate, and how much I have to read is serving again to remind of just how much I like to read. But when I get out of the habit of reading, I just seem to forget how much I enjoy it. Reading feeds some thing inside of us that nothing else does. If leading is feeding, then reading is also feeding.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 7: Feed My Sheep
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: