The Tent: A safe place for shepherds to reflect together
RegisterRegister   Log inLog in 

Midbar Dependence

ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 6: Greener Pastures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dhuffman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:52 pm    Post subject: Midbar Dependence Reply with quote

In my travels to Israel, I too spent time in the wilderness among the Bedouin shepherds. I really appreciated how Laniak emphasized the Akkadian word for “Eden” which refers to verdant wilderness. Meaning, a wilderness with a burst of oasis. I learned this there too, that there was a garden IN Eden, but Eden itself wasn’t only a garden.
This again is a deep lesson on dependence on God. In many seasons of life, I found myself in difficult circumstances. Painful times where I felt lost and lonely. In those times of wilderness its easy to get discouraged. Yet a lesson from the shepherd is that God did not lead me into a wilderness to abandon me. In fact there are things he wants to teach me in the desert, like trusting him for his provision, protection and comfort. Although I have walked with Jeshua for so long, I fear that like Israel I am slow at learning these important lessons.
ShepherdLeader.com Forum Index -> While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks -> Day 6: Greener Pastures
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: